An excellent first step in establishing your relationship with is setting up a Medallion Account, which includes:
- a minimum initial investment of only $1,000 in cash and/or securities;
- no minimum balance once the account is opened;
- no annual account fee;
- a choice of three professionally managed money-market-fund portfolios: Money-Market, Government Securities 1, and Tax-Exempt;
- automatic reinvestment of interest, dividends, and other cash balances into the money-market portfolio you select;
- no-minimum checking;
- convenient worldwide 24-hour ATM access;
- overdraft protection and a Private Credit Line based on the value of your marginable securities, which allows you to borrow (at rates usually lower than those available from banks) by simply writing a check or using your ATM card; the more you have, the more you can borrow, and the interest may be tax-deductible up to the total of your taxable investment income from all sources;
- Direct Deposit—automatic deposit of your paycheck (or government checks like Social Security) in your Medallion Account via electronic funds transfer; and
- an Automatic Payment feature—monthly debits for payments like mortgages, insurance drafts, car payments, and mutual-fund investments.
Your Medallion Account makes it easy to manage all your assets more effectively through a single account. 2
1 The Government guarantee of the securities owned by the Government Securities Portfolio does not guarantee the net asset value of the Portfolio’s shares, which the Portfolio seeks to maintain at $1.00 per share. Yields on all three portfolios will fluctuate. Future performance is not guaranteed.
2 The Medallion Account fact kit includes the money-market-fund prospectus, which contains complete information, including management fees and expenses. Read it carefully before you invest.